FY11 Best of NIEM Awards Nomination Now OpenPosted by Donna Roy, Executive Director, DHS Information Sharing Environment Office on Thursday, March 31, 2011
A grassroots initiative, NIEM was born as a best practice developed by a handful of state and local practitioners. Today, we have adoption across all 50 states and are on the verge of international adoption. Our broad community has some great NIEM success stories because of the hard work of all of you.
In 2009, the NIEM program recognized five awardees who served or processed over 16 million transactions per year. They had complex environments with legacy systems and used innovative new technologies. They integrated data across hundreds of data sources. Each project included collaboration across at least five agencies or teams. Their challenges were not small, or easy, and yet they rose to the challenge eagerly.
- U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) Enterprise Service Bus Team
- New York City HHS-Connect Program
- Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) Disaster Assistance Improvement Program
- Colorado Integrated Criminal Justice Information System
- Paragon Technology Group for the development of the EOC-I, Emergency Operations Center – Interconnectivity
Do you, your team, or your organization represent the Best of NIEM? If so, be sure to read the guidelines and submit by June 7, 2011.
Honoree benefits include:
- Bragging rights and recognition.
- Exposure on the special awards page on www.NIEM.gov.
- Receive an award in front of your peers at the NIEM 2011 National Training Event on August 23–25 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
Award criteria, eligibility, nomination form, and other important details are available here.